EQUALITY & DIVERSITY POLICY
Parkway Ground Maintenance Ltd believes that our success is a direct result of the experience and quality of our employees. As a result we are committed to focussing our employment procedures and practices on maximising the potential of each member of staff. We believe that by treating people fairly and equally, whilst accepting and embracing their diversity we can improve our competitiveness and enhance our corporate responsibility and employee relations.We are committed to promote equality, eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our workforce. Our aim is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status or civil partnership, gender re-assignment, religion, sexual orientation or disability, part or full time work or age.
- To ensure equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- To offer fair treatment in every aspect of work within the company
- To promote a culture where each employee is treated with respect and dignity.
- To demonstrate our opposition to discrimination should anyone within the company feel they have been discriminated against, harassed or victimised.
To achieve this Parkway Ground Maintenance will commit to the following:-
- Ensure that the principles of this policy are embedded in our HR strategy and are regularly reviewed
- Provide awareness training to all employees to ensure the company policy is known and understood. This will be achieved mainly through our induction course and Employee Handbook
- Monitor and measure diversity. All new employees will complete a diversity monitoring questionnaire.
- Challenge and investigate discriminatory behaviour.
This policy applies to all Parkway Ground Maintenance employees, regardless of position or status and to all sub contractors employed by the company
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
Parkway Ground Maintenance Ltd believes that proper attention to the health and safety of its employees, sub contractors, our client’s staff and the public within which the Company operates is a key element of effective business management. Health and Safety is no less important than any other measure of business performance. Health and safety is good for business and essential to maintain our reputation.
We believe that the majority of injuries or damage to property can be prevented by the adoption of sound risk management principles. We will develop systems to ensure compliance with all H&S legislation to ensure continuous improvement in our performance.
It is the policy of Parkway Ground Maintenance Ltd to:-
- To provide adequate control of health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting health and safety
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees
- To ensure employees are competent to carry out their tasks.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work related ill health
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- To review and revise this policy at regular intervals.
Parkway Ground Maintenance will:-
- Maintain an up to date register of applicable legislation
- Ensure that appropriate risk assessments are carried out
- Put into place safe systems of work and risk control measures
- Meet and where feasible exceed the requirements of our clients in relation to H&S
- Encourage the full participation of all employees in meeting H&S objectives
- Encourage employees to take ownership of H&S issues through regular joint consultation
- Communicate the relevant parts of this policy to all employees so they are aware of their obligations
- Ensure that monitoring and measurement of H&S performance is achieved through audits carried out by our consultants to ensure that we continue to meet legal and organisational requirements
The continuing policy of Parkway Ground Maintenance Ltd is to provide a professional and efficient service to meet all the requirements of our clients. This achievement will result in securing efficiency and enhancement of long term profitability.
The management team bears the responsibility for establishing, maintaining and implementing the system for controlling those particular activities for which they are responsible. We undertake to ensure through instruction, practical example and training that quality is the aim of all members of the organisation and that each employee has a proper understanding of the importance of the quality system function and its direct relevance to the success of the company.
Equally every employee is responsible for and will be trained to perform the duties required by his/her specific role. Furthermore the company will meet specified requirements and will accept the responsibility for their work.
The company has a policy of continual improvement and setting of quality objectives in line with the framework laid down within ISO 9001:2008 standard.
These objectives will include specific objectives in the following areas:-
- Customer satisfaction
- Improvement of turnover
- Increase the number of clients
- To reduce the number of accidents and near misses
- To reduce the number of non compliances
- To reduce the number of customer complaints
- To be viewed by our clients as a supplier that is flexible, responsive and easy to do business with.
We hereby certify that the Quality Manual and the Standard Operating Procedures Manual accurately describes the Quality System in use within the Company to meet the requirements of ISO9001:2008.
The Quality System will be monitored regularly under the management’s ultimate responsibility with the regular reporting of the status and effectiveness at all levels.
Parkway Ground Maintenance Ltd commits to achieving the highest standards with regard to environmental matters arising out of our activities. It is the intention of Parkway Ground Maintenance Ltd to be at the forefront of our industry. An integral element of this sensitivity to environmental issues is that it may affect not only our employees but also our neighbours.
The company is committed to ensuring continued compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations, codes of practice and other standards to which the company subscribes. When determining priorities for the allocation of resources, environmental objectives shall be given equal consideration along with all other objectives.
Both management and staff have duties and responsibilities under this policy and in order to ensure these are met regular reviews of environmental performance will be carried out.
Aims of the Policy
Parkway Ground Maintenance Ltd recognises that the protection of the environment requires commercial activity to be conducted in a sustainable manner. We are fully committed to best environmental practice and take responsibility for our environmental performance.
Parkway Ground Maintenance Ltd has acknowledged these responsibilities by publishing a health and safety and environmental policy. Our company is committed to implementing the actions stated in this policy.
In order to achieve this objective Parkway Ground Maintenance Ltd is:-
- Establishing health, safety and environmental policies for which the management has ultimate responsibility and which forms part of the companies business plans.
- Developing a comprehensive Environmental Management System (EMS), which ensures compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations, codes of practice and any other standard to which the company subscribes. Parkway Ground Maintenance Ltd is committed to the prevention of pollution. The EMS will evaluate the Parkway Ground Maintenance Ltd environmental impact resulting in the setting of clear objectives with the aim of establishing continual improvement in environmental performance. Parkway Ground Maintenance Ltd overall performance will be monitored by regular audits and annual reviews to maintain and improve our accreditation to ISO 14001:2008.
- Intent on integrating environmental management with health and safety management.
The EMS will develop over time so that key issues pertinent to the company will be addressed. The EMS will pay close attention to the policy and active objectives.